Saturday, February 7, 2009

Balancing Act for From Courtney's Closet Challenge


Several months ago I was playing the "From Courtney's Closet" challenge and now I am finally back into the challenge mode! I had lots of fun with this one, as I have all kinds of "cupcake" themed stamping items (don't we all?)! The stamp I used for this is from All Night Media, A Mary Engelbreit design. I changed the dog and tried to make him look "hairy" like my Goldendoodle, the stamp had gift boxes balancing on his nose, but I added a cupcake using my QuicKutz die.

My NEW product I used was Shimmerz Blingz, I used it for the cupcake frosting and the dots on the party hat(Hottie Pink), I also added some "Blingz" to the heart brad, the stripes in the cupcake ........I gotta say I LOVE this stuff, the color I used on the brad and stripes is "Pixie Dust". These are the only 2 colors I have at this point, but will be ordering more for sure! You can visit the challenge and participate to win some blog candy by going here go check it out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute!! I just LOVE that Shimmerz stuff!! So fun to use!!

Kathryn said...

Such a wonderful card -- LOVE that dog -- he does look furry -- too great! :)

Makin' Me Crazy said...

Cute!

Libby Hickson said...

Oh how DARLING Diane!! I love that cupcake balancing on his nose (you clever girl!) and the coloring on the dog is awesome - it completely looks like fur!! Thanks for playing, your name is in the hat! :-)