Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Punched Circles Card











While I was blogging yesterday I visited http://creatingkeepsakesblog.com/ and found this lovely ,beautiful punched circle flower card. I decided to give it a try last night after watching Idol. You are to punch 8 circles and fold into thirds, adhere the circles to a card base and trim around to give it a flower shape. The first one I punched, I didn't notice that the paper was only one sided, I hate paper that has writing all over the back of it, a pet peeve of mine, so I had to adhere the "petals" to each other, added some Stickles, its okay, but not what I was looking for! The next 3, I used double sided paper, all SU, I added a ninth punch to get it to fill out, I must of done something wrong, but each time I needed that 9th punch....maybe I will give it a try one more time! These are definitely a hand carry card, or you could use it as a tie on for a gift, or wouldn't it just be fun to put one on a co-worker's friends desk, just because! I also got the "not so bright idea" to use my scallop punch and punch my circles from that, great idea, BUT, I had to cut around each scallop, I think if I would of used a Nesties Scalloped circle die to adhere my punches to, it would of worked better! The punch I used was the largest circle punch from SU, 1 3/4"

5 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Very cute Diane!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun!! These are so pretty!!

Becky said...

Diane, these are just gorgeous, I love all the brilliant colors of dp you used here.

-Agnes- said...

Hi, Diane! I've nominated you for an award on my blog. Just click through my name to see it :-)

Jenny V. said...

Diane these are lovely. Hope I have a chance to make these later. Great job! Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Jenny