Friday, February 26, 2010

The Softer Side of Orange


A bit of orange~a bit of lavender~ such a pretty combination from A Creative Mint ~ once a week Melissa at Lilybeanpaperie has a challenge using a collage of color from A Creative Mint ~I loved this color combo, had planned on making a Top Note Die quilt card, but once the 1" squares were punched, I loved them as they were!  I found an embroidered flower applique in my stash of sewing and decided to add it for a softer look~I love it when my sewing supplies and my paper supplies are in "harmony" together!
On a "good" note, I am still not over the nasty virus that grabbed me, but am feeling lots better~better enough that I plan on doing a scrapbook layout to drop off at our NEW~soon to open scrapbook store...I can hardly wait!!!
Have a nice weekend!!!

12 comments:

Nichole said...

Love the orange and purple. Beautiful card. Glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! LOVE the colors on this one!! Glad you're feeling better too!! BIG HUGS

*Linda said...

I love the colors in this card! The flower applique is just perfect! I look at your card posts and get so inspired! I just need to get on the ball and make some cards :)

Curt in Indy said...

God love ya! I'm so sorry that I've been absent too and didn't know you were ill! It sounds like you are starting to feel better, but it sounds like you've been sick a long time. I do hope you are feeling better and keep getting better! I hate that you are sick! Your card is stunning by the way! Best, Curt

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow, this is REALLY lovely!!! Great take on the photo!

stampinfrog said...

Love this color combo of orange and lavender!Fabulous papers and the bow and flowers are the perfect touch to such a beautiful card!
Hugs,Connie

mudmaven said...

This is gorgeous Diane! Lovely, soft colors and I love all the great details. ~chris

Kelly said...

OMG...I would have never thought of using those colors together but you are right...they are gorgeous combo! Love everything about this card, everything is perfect! Hope you are feeling better real soon-take good care of yourself!

Heather said...

Cute! I love the metal clip and lacy flowers.

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous Diane!!!!

Lemon Lane Studio said...

Great take on this color challenge. I just the softness of the oranges and lavenders. Very pretty.

Melissa said...

I just love your interpretation of this wonderful photo...the squares are perfect with those fun, juicy colors...so creative. Thank you for playing along.
Melis