Monday, June 7, 2010

My Garden Inspiration #4~Just Add Ink Challenge #20 and Blogger Issues

Whew...finally back on blogger...it has been down for me for a few days...scarey...but I'm back now...so onto the new!!
One of my very favorite flowers in my garden are the "Iris's"....I know I say every flower is my favorite, but there is just something about an Iris that is so breath-takingly beautiful!!  They are so regal and delicate with the little ruffled edges...the colors are like no other.......I just wish they would stay in bloom all summer!!  I have lots of different species and add as many more each year as I can find....you will be seeing more of these in the weeks to come...I wish you all could see them "in real life" they are.....stunning!!
This card was made with a retired SU set called "Still Life Stems"...I colored it in  with my SU markers......also adding it to the Just Add Ink Challenge #20...stitching!!!...I did faux stitching on the Iris CS and machine stitching around the DS paper...see you tomorrow!!

9 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Diane your card is as gorgeous as the real flower!Fab color combo!
Hugs,Connie

Paula Fuller said...

This is so pretty. I don't think iris's grow where I live. I love the colours!

Christine Blain said...

Such a beautiful card! The colour of the thread you've stitched with is perfect ..... gorgeous, gorgeous project.

Paula Dobson said...

Beautiful, beautiful! LOVE the lime green and purple together. Your stitching is lovely. Good on you for hauling out a machine, I cringe at the thought :-)

Kelly said...

GORGEOUS! The colors are so pretty and I love the paper piercing. Great job!

Lemon Lane Studio said...

I love iris' but I don't have any in my garden, yet. I'll have to take care of that situation. When shouls I plant them? They're bulbs right? Thanks for posting my give away. Patty

Danielle Daws said...

Just beautiful. I love the green stitching!

Cindy Lee said...

So beautiful!! The stitching adds the perfect touch!

AJ said...

This is so pretty. Love it. Thanks for playing!! xx