Wednesday, March 9, 2011

~~~Going Green~~~

Fooled ya...bet you thought you were going to see a St Patty's Day project...didn't you??  Nope, not yet.....I made this tag for the Tag Challenge at Joan's Gardens.......it was any kind of tag you wanted, Joan made a tag from "trash" as she calls it...its a beauty......all the tags are voted on, the one with the most votes wins a badge for your blog......but that's a hard call, as I have "never met a tag" I didn't like yet!
I made this tag for a friend that will be moving away soon...so sad...sigh.....the base is a HEAVY coffee stain and yep, even baked in the oven....wish you could smell it, it  smells heavenly!!   I have a mini "coffee" album planned and have been saving bits and pieces of things to use, so that is why I have the Folgers Coffee piece...isn't it neat...recycle......and the Coffee tastes better with a friend......well that is stamped on a paint sample card I brought home to see if it matched the stain glass sunflowers on my front door...recycle......see the ribbon......my sister sprayed some old vintage seam binding this wonderful coffee color...it came on a gift this year from her for Christmas...recycle.......the satin ribbon tied with it.....also vintage...also recycled......the stamps I used for the cup and the sentiment are from Flourishes...now go make a tag...you know you want to!!

6 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Diane! Your recycling ideas are off the charts fun! And to use the HEAVY coffee stain (baked). . .amazing! You are the tag queen! Hugs to you and Nellie! Best, Curt

Terri said...

Very cool! Love all the different elements. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog too!

Recycled Rita said...

That tag is gorgeous! And since I am a coffee-holic, I bet I would love it's smell also!
hugs! karen....

Nancy said...

Great tag, and a fun post to read! Love all the different pieces to this.

Deb said...

Wow, how inventive are you! Fabulous reuse, reduce, recycle project, thanks for sharing! Deb

Darlene said...

This is FABULOUS!! LOVE IT!!