Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Projects From Joan's Gardens Workshop

Rainy morning here at the nest....cold...dreary...brrrrr....so to cheer me up I am sharing my projects I made while attending Joan's Gardens workshop on Sunday......I had a wonderful time and her shop is full of wonderful goodies...and best of all, its close enough to me, I can go back...but...she also has mail order.....so either way, I'm good to go!!
We made a couple of projects first one being this "explosion box" designed by  Selma...go HERE for her tutorial....when I got home I added a bit of purple glitter to my butterflies......I also added a litle tag to the teacup inside...just to  "make it my own"........isn't this just the prettiest box????   Look at the box lid, see the "distressed" paper...we did that using the Zutter distress tool...now this little thing is on my mega lists of wants/must haves...am putting it on my Xmas list for hubby if I can wait that long...and I think I just found another place for him to shop...right from his desk.....
The second project was a card using the La Blanche stamp......it was suspose to have the resist ink technique, but  was already into applying the distress inks before I realized it (uh, Diane, it pays to READ directions BEFORE starting)...but that being said, I still love how it turned out......Copics were used to color it ........and lucky for me, I got one of the La Blanche stamps I had my eye on...it will be on my blog at a later time...so make sure to visit Joan's and Selma's blog for more details.......well off to figure out which challenges I should do this week........

3 comments:

D' Mommy said...

beautiful

BumbleBeeLane said...

The teacup is very pretty.I love having teaparties with my nieces they always want to make cards so I need to do a template and make some teacup ones would be lots of fun.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Kelly said...

WOW! A lot of thought and work went into this beauty. Everything goes together so well and how very creative!