Friday, March 25, 2011

Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge

I am early....does the early bird get the worm...I hope so.....as Papertrey Ink is having a blog hop starting at 10 est.....I just have a bizillion things to do today, so did my card early this AM........
The challenge:   use embroidery floss in a fun and inventive way ~ I stitched my flower with a tone of purple embroidery floss...I show the outline I used below....kind of a spiral.....

then I stamped over it with Memento Grape Jelly ink using the Bitty Backgrounds Blocks....the gingham stamp...oh how I love this stamp...and thing is I almost didn't purchase the set, thinking "I have background stamps I can use"....oh ~ I am soooooo very glad I did...I love this set and use it all the time...I used it for my backgound on my SU Pretty In Pink cs...made a somewhat patchwork effect by overstamping...did the same on the little button die cut...love how it turned out...I used Button Boutique for my sentiment, Simply Chartreuse Twill Ribbon for the flower stem and leaf......and my darling little dress form die...all from Papertrey......thats it...come back and visit again......

13 comments:

Marge said...

What a DARLING card!!! LOVE it!!! Think maybe I need that gingham stamp now too -- among MANY other PTI goodies -- LOL!

Teresa said...

How cute! I love the flower.

farmhouse-story said...

very pretty card and creative way to use the thread:)

Wendy ten Hove said...

Very nice! Love the way you added stitching to the flower!

Mary Duffek said...

Very pretty!

Cyndie said...

How creative! I love the spiral design!

beckynoelle said...

love the little skirt and bow on the dress form :)

Unknown said...

Lovely use of purple!

Carolyn King said...

great use of the floss and love all the purple!

Babies-Beth said...

What a great stitched flower you did- just perfect!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Sweet card! Love the flower and the dress form. I'm going to have to break down and get that die. So many cute cards with it. TFS!

Curt in Indy said...

You certainly used your creative talent for the use of the floss. What a fun idea. You created a fabulous look in doing that. What a great idea! Best, Curt

Kelly said...

How cute is this! I love how you did the flower and ooooh, the colors are simply gorgeous!