Monday, March 14, 2011

Shabby Tea Room Challenge~Party Time

The Shabby Tea Room Challenge blog is having a Party Time challenge for their one year birthday of their blog........so fun to particpate in these challenges.......using their inspiration photo,  made this "darling" card that I have to tell you it is so much better IRL.....I just can't get good pics anymore......new camera time??  Anywho, because I have a sleep problem, I was up at about 2:30...or was it 1:30...not sure with the time change...but it was quiet...no TV....no dog wanting out...cats were all sleeping...very peaceful.....so I jumped on the computer and saw the post for this weeks challenge....got off and started working...I just finished...whew this one took me awhile...well I did the little gift bag 3 times before I was satisfied (there are 2 of them in my waste basket)......the background embossing folder is a Cricut one...love those little cupcakes and perfect with just "one" candle in them.....
.I first made the little banner...it actually pops out more then the pic shows...I cut it, then stamped my polka dots on it...sewed on those tiny little buttons and real glass beads....picky little work.....gathered up some lace for my flower and added some vintage white leaves I was hoarding behind it....and look at that little teapot tag....I LOVE IT.......cut it with the Cricut cartridge "A Child's Play".....sewed the same little glass beads on it as on my banner and stamped it with "Tiny Tags" from SU...I love this set...if you like "tiny", you would, too..
.for my little gift goodie bag, I stamped all over it...gathered another flower, added some pearls to this tag...both these little teapot tags "open"...
 now I have to apologize for making you do word verification.....I have tried not using it, but was slammed with spam, and 2 nasty virus's that caused me to loose everything I had in my document folder and all my photo's.....twice...so I am leaving it on as I was instructed for an extra safety feature...sorry, I hope you understand.....I just cannot have that happen again...my poor old heart can't take it...LOL.......

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my shabby goodness, Diane .. this birthday gift set is STUNNING! The papers are so pretty and I just adore all the sweet details you've added -- WONDERFUL! Thanks so much for joining us in the Tea Room this week for our birthday bash :)

BumbleBeeLane said...

Pink and pretty shabby sweet! Doing my nest spotting.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Terri said...

They are both super cute! Where did you get that embossing folder? Love it!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! This set is gorgeous Diane!! Stunning work!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR DT

PapierGirl said...

Beautiful gift set! I love all the pretty pinks - thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Verde Farm said...

Beautiful birthday set--I just love it. Pink is my color! Thank you for your sweet comment on my post today--I appreciate it so much :)

Tamara DeCoito said...

Very Chic Love the colors!

Lemon Lane Studio said...

What a beautiful card. The colors are so soft and springlike. Such a nice feminine feel to it.

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Lovely card! Hello nest!

Kelly said...

OMG...girl, you really put a lot of thought and work into this. The colors and papers are GORGEOUS! Love the lace and the tiny flowers.

jacirascrap said...

Que bonito projeto!!!!

Pattie said...

Oh how beautiful! I just love the sweet pink details and the dp is so pretty! Thanks for joining us for our Birthday Bash at The Shabby Tea Room! Don't forget about my blog candy for the party!

Trees said...

Stunning! I love all the lace and millinery flowers! Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room this week.