Sunday, March 27, 2011

Wax Paper Resist

This week on "Stamp TV" Gina K had a tutorial for a wax paper resist (that's what I call it)...and boy did I have fun with this!!  I actually couldn't quit...I have 3 to show today and 3 more for later.

You cut a piece of wax paper to fit an embossing folder, run it thru your machine, stamp an image on cardstock, heat up your iron to high....no steam.....lay a piece of cardstock on a hard surface (I used a cookie sheet), lay your wax embossed sheet over the stamped cardstock, place another piece of cardstock on top, and iron for a few seconds, it doesn't take long,......then the fun begins, just use your ink pads and rub over the cardstock...I used 3 different ones for mine...I went a light color, then my main color, and finished each one with TH distress ink "Old Paper", then when you are satisfied, rub a paper towel across to take up all the excess ink...that's it...so simple!  The link is above for her video.

How do you like that silly kitty in the spaghetti ladel???  I saw that stamp a few years ago in a card magazine and ordered him from Viva Las Vegas stamps.....so cute!!  The inside of the card simply says "smile"...how can you not smile with that silly kitty!  The other 2 stamps used are Unity.
That's it for today...am finishing up some primtive sewing projects to get in the mail this week..............

3 comments:

Primitive Seasons said...

This technique is really cool Diane. The third card just has so much texture. It's great. I really like the first one too because of the background paper paired with the resist paper. Neat! Great job!

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

Curt in Indy said...

I watched it again when they posted the video and thought it was cool. You did a beautiful job with your cards. I love the look it achieves and it is on my list to try. Nice job! Best, Curt

Kelly said...

All of these are awesome! I've never done the wax paper thing but will have to give it a try!