Sunday, April 24, 2011

Less Is More Challenge ~ Off Centre ~

This week the Less Is More Challenge is "off centre"  or "center" as we call it here.... you would think this would be a simple challenge for me, but I "trashed" 6 cards before I decided to rethink it...those darn hot air balloons anyways........so my card is double off center..I stamped the background image off center and added my glittery butterfly off center (not to mention the sentiment).   I have a friend that her Dad passed away last week, so this card will go in the mail to her today.....I wanted to mention the background stamp has been in my stash for 7 years.....this is the first it has seen ink.....I have a few other ideas for it... I kind of like it!  I would love to have you as a "follower"...am trying to reach a goal...and comments are always welcome!  Ink used was SU Kiwi Kiss and Basic Black...butterfly was cut with from a SU Beautful Wings die...sentiment is also from SU.....

Added this second card to this post...as it is somewhat off center, too...I made this one a few weeks back ....

29 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi there, both are lovely but I think I prefer the first, I love the sentiment as well as the colours, Happy Easter:0) xxx

Carol said...

I love the stamped card Diane and the embossed oneis very elegant. Carol x

Aileen said...

Both cards are very classy. Love the little butterflies. x

kelly said...

stunning card, I think we are all guilty of having stash that has never been removed from it's packaging, but it's beautiful!

thanks for commenting on my card.
kelly xx

Carla said...

love both cards, the white is very elegant

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Diane

Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog - I love your card its gorgeous and I'm also in love with your Nellie - indeed a larger version of my Tilly!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Tina
X

Jan said...

Mmm, I think I love them both xx Jan

Stamps and Paper said...

Two very lovely cards I especially liked the first one.

Anne

Emzie said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, I love the sentiment you have used.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful stylish cards!

Ruth said...

I love both cards, especially the first with that little pop of color!
Ruth C

Shirley said...

Less is more and you proved it! They are both very elegant!

Lynne said...

Both cards are gorgeous but I have a soft spot for embossing so it will have to be the second.
Lynne xxx

Viv said...

Two lovely cards, the first is maybe my fav :O) Viv xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both cards are lovely, but I extra love the top one, the butterfly sort of gives it an edge.

Susan said...

Both cards are very pretty...but I really LOVE the first one!!

Tracey said...

Both cards are wonderful. Tracey x

Diane said...

Love them both but the first one is my favourite.xx

Ciara said...

both cards are beautiful, xx

Chrissie said...

Welcome to Less is More!
It's great to have you join us... I like the simple elegance of both your cards.
Maybe you'll be able to join us every week!If you could visit and comment on some of the other participants' blogs that would be great! Mandi and I love to hear what our followers think too!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

MonicaB said...

Both cards are beautiful! I love the embossing...what die did you use?

massofhair said...

Both your card are divine but i prefer your second embossed card as it is totally gorgeous. Such stunning butterflies and i like how you have placed them as if they are about to take flight, just stunning:-)

Suze Bain said...

Two lovely cards Diane, my favourite is the second one, I love white on white. x

Linby said...

These are such delightful cards. I think the first my is my fav but a close call.
Linbyx

Sarah said...

love the purity of the first card and the sentiment too - great cards.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Sarah at 182

Basement Stamper said...

Love that first card, stunning!

Irene said...

Two stunning cards, I love the embosseing. Thank you for your comment on my blog.

irene
xxxx

Debbie said...

Fantastic cards!

Sasha said...

Two really lovely elegant cards.