Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

Papertrey Ink is having a challenge....
to put it in their own words....
This month, in honor of the New Year, we are challenging you to pick your favorite project from 2011 and share it with all of us. To take it a step further, you are challenged to create a second card that is inspired by the favorite project you select. Your new version of an old favorite could carry over the color scheme, the layout or the stamp sets. We look forward to seeing your best creations from 2011, as well as your first projects from 2012

I choose a card I made for Memorial Day that I just loved!!...you can see the post HERE
I pretty much used the same colors, but changed it up a bit with a Valentine embossed background and stamping the banners with Friendship Jar Spring Fillers...cute eh??

Papertrey items used:
stamps: Friendship Jar Spring Fillers
Dies:..Banners collection





10 comments:

Luanne said...

These are really cool! I love the star, and the switch up to the banners was very clever!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is fun and fabulous!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both fo your cards are so fun. Love your use of banners on both of them.

Mona Pendleton said...

Love the little pennant banners Diane! Love how you changed it up for Valentine's Day!

Sadie said...

It really is cute. Looks like it would work either direction. Portrait or landscape. Great job!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty! Love the color combo. :)

Karen C. said...

Love the different ideas for using the banners on your cards. the first one with the star is very cool.

Lisa said...

I can see why you loved that card -- it is fabulous!! I love the way you made the star!! So creative!! And the banners and embossing on the redo are so awesome!!

Thank you so much for posting my giveaway on your sidebar!! I appreciate it so much :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Marybeth said...

Both are so cute and different. I love the red white and blue. Beautiful!!!

The Paper Parade said...

I love how you made a star out of the banners in the first one, and love the banners on the side on the Valentine themed second one :)