Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's One of Those Days

You ever have "one of those days".....
where everything you touch seems to be a disaster??
That is how my next two projects were....almost funny...(almost)!!
I decided to do a challenge at "Less Is More"....
one layer card and a script.....
My first card I did was nice, but the sentiment I stamped, just didn't seem right.....
so I redid my card...but noticed the upper right corner was bent.....
so I then rounded the corners, but you could still see it....
then got the bright idea to use an edge punch...
okay, but then it made my sentiment too close to the edge...
so added a strip of paper to the "inside" edge of the card....
after all it is a one layer card.....
so, this morning I redid it...this time embossing the script...
pretty neat, but as I was reaching across for the sentiment, I drug my robe sleeve....
unbeknowns to me, thru my coffee cup...which in turn dripped all over my card....


the card became a tag.....
so here you have it....my disaster of a challenge......
funny, but for some reason I am NOT laughing...ha!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, well the tag is beautiful!
xx

Chrissie said...

Sounds like a normal day Diane!
Your tag is fab... each stage was fine too until disaster struck.... but what great rescues!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

bumblebee creations said...

some days just go like that Diane!! It is an adorable tag!!

Mandi said...

They are both beautiful, the second just has the edge, for me
Super job
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Lisa said...

I think all three are beautiful, Diane!! The punched edge on the second one is so pretty, but I do love the tag!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darnell J Knauss said...

Well, your post made me laugh in a I-know-exactly-what-you-mean sort of way! I love that you soldiered on with creative ways to try and make it work. I really like the second card with the border and can't even see the coffee spots, but I like the beautiful tag, too.

Diane said...

Wonderful samples and so reassuring to know I'm not alone with self-sabotaging! Thanks for sharing!!!!
Diane

Curt in Indy said...

I'm sorry, but I laughed right out loud by the time I got to "the card became a tag" ROFL!!! OMG that was funny and I'm really laughing in sympathy because I know the frustration, but I've never had a card go down to a tag size! LOL OMG that is funny. Please forgive me for laughing. . .Awesome post! Hugs, Curt

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, no! Some days are like that, but you wound up with a very pretty tag. I'm sorry, but a little chuckle came out there at the end. Times like this you have to laugh to keep from crying!