Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Splash of Brown PDCC125

The challenge at the Play Date Cafe this week is....
black~white~and a "splash" of brown....
I wish you could see this card "in real life" so to speak...
it is so pretty!!
I sewed around the edges of my background paper.....
made my flower with a EK Success flower punch....
the "swirls" behind it are from a Maryanne die....
my butterfly, which happens to be my splash of brown was cut out of white cardstock...
and then inked with a VersaMMagic Dew Drop "Sahara Sand chalk ink...
the die for the butterfly is from Cheery Lynn...
the color combo reminds me for some reason of an old joke from grade school...
"What is black and white and read all over?"
Answer:  a newspaper...silly hmmm!!!

5 comments:

maddyrose said...

It's beautiful! I love the combination and how delicate it all looks.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh! I love it all over! The brown is so warm and beautiful. I love browns. Cute flower with the gingham brad, and pretty, pretty butterfly!

Ruby said...

Very pretty card! I love your flower and the added sparkles, really lovely! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

Lovin' all the textures here! I especially LOVE that gingham, flower center! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Lisa said...

Happy, happy Easter my sweet friend!! I hope you had a very blessed and happy day!!

This card is gorgeous!! Wow!! I love all the dimension and the stitching is fabulous!! This is stunning :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts