Saturday, November 10, 2012

Yellow & Gray

Good Morning.....
it is to be almost 70 here today....and then turn brrr cold next week...
kind of hard on this "old" body of mine...lol
 
 
I worked hard on this card this morning....
might not seem so, but I did....
my butterfly was embossed on white vellum....
the background paper is actually quite "shimmery"
though it doesn't show up much.....
I cut my cute little buttons with a Sizzix die
and the flower, too...the center of the flower is one of the cute buttons I cut
with a bit of added glitter for "sparkle"
I am entering this in the Papercraft Star challenge to use yellow and gray....
why don't "you" do the challenge and see what gorgeous creations
the design team has come up with..they are "wowza"
and also in The Creative Paper Trade challenge "circles"

10 comments:

StephC said...

Beautiful card! I love the embossed vellum butterfly. Great job with this weeks challenge. So glad you joined us at Papercraft Star!

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous!! The embossing looks amazing and the butterfly is so beautiful!! I thought the buttons were real!!

It's over 70 here today, too...have all the windows open to enjoy it while I can :) Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Diane, I especially love the embossing and that vellum butterfly. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Papercraft Star.

bumblebee creations said...

what a positively gorgeous card Diane-love the colors!

Ros Crawford said...

This is so gorgeous Diane ... what a great embossing folder that is ... Many thanks for playing at CCCB this week!

Ros Crawford said...

Ooops Diane ... I meant to say ... Many thanks for playing at Papercraft Star this week! ... Sorry I have my blogs mixed up ... (senior moment)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

A real stunner! Your details are amazing!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star.

Deanne :)

Lisa Elton said...

I've always loved the combination of yellow and gray! This is lovely Diane and your embossed background is just wonderful. Pretty card full of pretty elements. Thanks so much for joining us again at The CPT!

Kelly said...

Gorgeous card. Love the vellum butterfly...very elegant. I know what you mean about the weather...one day we have the heat on the next the a/c.

Geri said...

It DOES look like you worked hard on it...it's beautiful!!! Although, you know how when you see a pretty card where everything fits and flows together so well,...it somehow looks EFFORTLESS??? This is one of those creations! I LOVE your colors...so elegant looking! And the embossing folder is so perfect for your little buttons! Your butterfly is so pretty and delicate, and the flower and bow are also beautiful accents to finish it all off! So glad you shared this lovely creation with us at the CPT! (And I'm sure Papercraft Star was happy to see it too!!!;)