Friday, January 25, 2013

Bits and Pieces

I have been noticing on lots of blogs lately that "we" are all trying to use our scraps.....
I have a HUGE amount of not only scrap papers, but bits and pieces of things
I have punched, stamped or cut out.....
 
I picked out several things and sorted them by colors....

and intend to use everyone of them and then start over.....
this is the year to clear it out.....
 
 
I made these two cards with the things I had pulled out
the first one is for a challenge at Papercraft Star to use "buttons"
since I had pulled all the colors together it was a cinch to make....
the lace tape trim is some I had won the end of last year.....
the birdie is a chipboard piece I had purchased at Michaels
 
The second card was so simple...
The card itself I had cut as a sample from my Cricut...
don't you just love the shape of it.....
I embossed the top of it and added a few pearls
all the rest came from my stash.....
 
 
I love how it ties shut at the top with some dyed seam binding.....
it's amazing how easy it is to get some gorgeous cards without much effort!!

4 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! What great cards ... I love the last one ... just so beautiful ... Isn't it lovely to see your scraps made into something stunning? Well done to you!

♥Jan♥ said...

Both cards are so pretty, isn't it fun to put your scraps together !! Wonderful work ! Thanks for joining in with us at Papercraft Star for our button challenge this week !

Sylvia said...

What fun cards, Diane, I really love the first one! thanks for sharing your cards with us at the Papercraft Star this week.

Leslie Miller said...

Such beauty! I'm loving everything you're making, Diane -- from cute to exquisite. What fun!