Tuesday, December 3, 2013

12 Tags of Christmas Day 1

I participate in Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas With A Feminine Twist each year.
For day one it was using embossing paste and a stencil made from a die cut.
I cut a Sizzix tree die twice from heavy cardboard, taped them together and used
lightweight modeling paste for mine. I let it dry overnight and stamped on it when dry.
I cut it out and used TH Distressed markers for the green background on the tag.
Mine is nothing fancy, but it was a fun technique to try.
 
 
I did notice that one of my pearls is missing from the tree.....it has since been "corrected"..lol.
the link is here if you want to try it....
you might be motivated as she is giving away a $150 gift certificate to one lucky
random winner at the end of the 12 days!!!

6 comments:

Darlene said...

AWESOME and very creative! I don't have any of that molding paste stuff so guess I won't be playing along ... but that's okay, I'll just follow your tags and get GREAT ideas for next year!
You are always an inspiration (and an enabler!) to me!

Lisa said...

This is so pretty!! I love the tree!! The colors are just gorgeous!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

SmilynStef said...

What a fun tree ... wonderful texture.

Leslie Miller said...

You're involved in so many things, very ambitious, but so fun for the rest of us to see. This is a very pretty tag. I love the softness of the tree.

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely ... That's one pretty tree!

Julie Ebersole said...

So fun! Good job on the modeling paste--I haven't gotten any yet, but I can see it needs to go on my wish list! Thanks for playing with us and Happy Holidays!