Thursday, December 26, 2013

Bright & Beautiful

Hello Friends,
It's the day after Christmas, I feel like a free women, how about you?
No more wrapping, shopping, baking, cooking those special meals...woowho!!
I can do what I want , when I want...at least for a few days..LOL!!

I haven't done a challenge in quite some time and picked the challenge at
Cheery Lynn Designs "Anything Goes" to get me back into the "mode" so to speak!
 
I decided I wanted to use more of my "Shimmer Sheetz"
( that I showed in a previous post "HERE" ) in a different way.
I was wondering if they would work with the dies.....(besides the Sizzix Bigz dies)
I found with a bit of trial and error, they will work with a few of the ones that
aren't as "intricate" and they will not cut the word dies.
 
I used a Cheery Lynn Designs flower die "Stacker Flower #5" and it cut through
the Shimmer Sheetz quite well.  I did have to somewhat "punch" (carefully)
the petals out. 
I used my Cuttlebug to cut with, using this stacking sequence:
on the base, C plate, shimmer sheetz, cardstock, die facing with cut side down, B plate
and then my Cuttlehug.
Now this is what worked for me, your machine could be quite different.  Never force
it through, you might break or damage your machine.
 
After my flowers were cut (I did 3), I ran them thru my dots EB folder, then sanded
them for a variation of color.  I wish you could see this flower in person, it is beautiful!!
 
I added a Cheery Lynn Designs "Victorian Romance" flourish, some pearls, TH Ideaology
paper, a stamp from Marianne Designs and was done!!
 
You can purchase the Cheery Lynn Designs Stacker Flower #5 and the
Cheery Lynn Designs Victorian Romance Flourish die
and a nice selection of Shimmer Sheetz
 HERE (if you use the  code DIANE-10) you will receive 10% off.

8 comments:

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

What a fresh and lovely creation! I love the shimmer flower and of course that Victorian Flourish is gorgeous with it!!! Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the flower ... Yep, I'm all Christmassed out!! Only 363 days to go till the next one!

Darlene said...

This is gorgeous Diane ... what a great idea! I too am trying to get my mojo started after such a busy holiday. Thanks for inspiration!

Darnell said...

What a beautiful, beautiful card, Diane! That was a ton of work, but WOWZA, it is spectacular!! I agree with you about the after-holiday "free woman" feeling!! Happy New Year Cheers! Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

How funny! That's exactly how I feel. What a gorgeous card to celebrate your freedom! Beautiful flourish die cut!

shulsart said...

Lovely card, Diane and Bj's favorite color. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Lisa said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning, Diane!! The flower looks so amazing!! I so want some of the shimmer sheetz!! I am loving the corner flourish, too!! This is just gorgeous!! I hope you had a fabulous Christmas my friend!! New year hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

ednamburgess said...

This would make a great Valentine card. Love the way you used the dies with the shimmer sheets. Edna