Sunday, December 8, 2013

Crafty Secrets December Challenge

This is a quick post.....
and I want to apologize if I haven't been to your blog recently....
this is the most busiest week of the year for me.....
I have our family Christmas on the 15th......
we have gifts for 18 grandchildren, 2 greats, and 2 more we include...
that's a ton of shopping, wrapping, baking, cooking and decorating in a short time...
plus, I have a Christmas countdown with my Mom, sister, daughter and niece...
we have 24 gifts a piece...we buy 8 gifts for each...fun gifts
and then we each open one gift a day...today I opened a Spellbinders Poinsettia die....
 
And I had to cook for that...busy.....and I have to get my DT things sent
and I have an order for 5 Santa's to complete....
and while putting my lights on the tree yesterday, I had burnt out strands...
so now, have to run out today and look for some to match, as the tree is 2/3's lit!!!
And to top it all off, my internet is giving me fits.......
 
 
So.....I wanted to enter the Challenge at Crafty Secrets, as it is only one per month
I put together this card using bits and pieces laying on my table.....
the Santa image is from a Crafty Secrets Christmas Journal Notes pad....
I added some glitter to the reindeer and Santa.....
 
I'll be back soon...I promise!!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Gorgeous card! Your Christmas preparations sound exhausting, but fun! Wish I had some grands to spoil! Have fun with your new dies: sounds like someone has your number!

Lisa said...

Oh my, you are one busy bee!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the vintage Santa image!! The dies you used are fabulous!! Enjoy all of your family festivities my friend!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

OH WOW!! BUSY! BUSY! BUSY!
LOVE this card ... really! The added sparkle is just perfect and really like the dimension added with the tree/snow flakes! PERFECT ...
Thanks so much for playing along in our December Linky Party at Crafty Secrets! Good Luck!!

Darlene
Crafty Secrets DT
CRAFTY VINTAGE GIRL
CRAFTY SECRETS LINKY PARTY
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous card! Wow, love the dies you used and the Santa image is adorable!
Good luck with all the fun festivities ahead!! It's busy time of year!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Ros Crawford said...

Goodness that's a whole load of presents!! I love your card ... I have that die too. I hoe you get your lights sorted and I'm sure you will have fun with your Mom and Family ... thinking of you!

Leslie Miller said...

Gorgeous card! I'll tell you, I'm exhausted after reading all you're up to. Whew! And I thought I was busy, but I've got this darn going to work thing thrown into the mix. Have fun!

Darnell said...

I've had a few minutes to catch up you Diane, on the older posts I've missed, and the new posts you've done since this one. I had to stop here to first of all tell you I love this card, and ALL your cards, and your tags! You have been so productive!

But I also had to say, good God, woman, you have my respect and admiration putting together Christmas as you've described it for your huge family!! OTOH, how amazing Christmas must BE in your family and how blessed you are to have so many kin, and so much love, around you! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell