Friday, February 7, 2014

Clean and Layering

It's 4am and I have been up since 2am...
another sleepless night in Michigan....
which means I will be worthless by about 2pm..LOL

So, while I was wide awake and bushy tailed....
I decided to look for a challenge that appealed to me
I came across a new "kid on the block" so to speak
and loved every bit of it!!

The challenge is "The Card Concept"
Wow...beautiful work by the design team...
beautiful entries....
you should visit there and see how it works.....very creative and fun!

I choose to do "Clean and Layering" using the inspiration piece
Monochromatic "pink".....



I picked this as I have all these little bags full of things I have cut, colored
or just not used because it just wasn't right for the project I was working on
and being the OCD person I am, they are all sorted by color..
Everything on this card was in the "pink" bag, making it come together quite nicely!!


Challenges entered are:


12 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Hmmmm, I've never thought of sorting by color. I've got lots of bits and pieces in my card parts box. Your method would make them much more managable. And look how pretty! Love all that pink! I went through a few years of that sleeplessness. It was awful, I was worthless, and I felt it was taking years off my life. Then started taking a magnesium supplement at bedtime and now I simply lay down and go to sleep. It's not a sleeping pill, but it has a calming effect that allows my mind to turn off. Who would have thought?

Darlene said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love all the elements you put together on this card and that flower ... WOWZA ... B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! So realistic!
Sorry you've had another sleepless night ... hopefully that will come to an end once the weather turns nice and you can get outside and get some fresh air!
HUGS and thanks once again for inspiration!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous!! I love the layers and the pretty pinks!! Love the sparkling love!! What a beautiful card my friend!! Have you tried taking melatonin to help you sleep?? It works!! Have a great weekend my friend!! Stay warm :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Marjorie said...

Love your card.
Question: Did you make your flower? If so what dies did you use?

Marjorie from TX
m.brundagetx at yahoo dot com

Sue Lelli said...

A pink bag! HMMM! A Clever way of organizing! I do that with paper but not embellies. Maybe I will since I LOVE your pretty pink card! The glittery LOVE and the FAB flower make this one special!

Unknown said...

So pretty and great use of pink. So glad you were able to play along with us this week at The Card Concept.

Kristi said...

Sorry you had insomnia, I have it sometimes myself. At least you used your time wisely!LOL ;) Very beautiful card,what a cool challenge concept!

Ros Crawford said...

I think it's a woman thing this insomnia ... My SIL and I are the same ... then again it maybe our age ... either way I love your pretty card! Sending hugs

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! I love that fabulous layered flower, the glittery sentiment and the sweet little hummingbird!

Shirley said...

I'll say quite nice!! It's really very pretty and that love and flower are perfect for that gorgeous heart and die die cut! Elegant!

Geri said...

First of all, I'm so glad to know that there are otherslike me out there in blog land that sort the wee scraps of paper by color :)

Fabulous varying shades of pink that have created such a pretty monochromatic color scheme! "Love" the bit of bling too! Thanks for choosing to share your card with us this week at the Card Concept Challenge :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow this is just gorgeous! What a beautiful and stunning flower you have on your card! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!