Friday, March 14, 2014

Blue Sunburst

Another "creative" day at "the nest"!!!
I have been seeing lots of sunburst/starburst cards lately and have been
"itching" to try one.
I saw a few on my friend Lisa's blog and they are gorgeous....
go take a peek as she did embossed ones, too!
I also found the instructions on you tube 
and decided instead of looking, I should be creating..lol!

These are very easy to make and a  super way to use up scraps!!
Can't you just imagine all the colors they can be made in??


First one is a rather large one and I used some rarely used, SU Brilliant Blue CS.
Have you noticed lately I have been using lots of my colored card stocks?
I have tons of it...all SU and need to "move" some of it out of here!!
Anyhow, the DS papers are rather new...bad me, didn't grab my scraps....
but I had purchased a gorgeous tablet of paper in all these blue colors
a few months back, and thought they would blend nicely for this type of card!
I added embossing at the bottom , added a die from Joy called "Ribbons and Bows"
you can purchase that HERE at Classy Cards 'n Such.


I finished it off with a pearl in the center...very easy card to mail!


The second card is longer and a bit smaller....
now if you are wondering "why did she put those sequins there?"
It's because as I was placing my sequin on (slightly dipped in crystal effects)
with my handy dandy crafty tweezers, I DROPPED it on the card, right in that spot....
so that is where it stays!!!!
So that is what I have been up to today......see you later!!
Don't forget to sign up for my blog candy...only 2 more weeks left!!

6 comments:

Darlene said...

OH WOW! These are FABULOUS! They look so professional ... like those Amish quilts I'm always druelling over. GREAT job ... thanks! Just what I needed ... one more thing to add to my todo list! LOL!! But that's okay because these will be fabulous for just about any theme I need for an upcoming craft show and use up some of these craps too! Thanks for awesome inspiration!

bumblebee creations said...

I can't wait to make one of these sunburst cards!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Shirley said...

I need to remember this!~! I love what you did with your DP!! Your cards are fantastic, Diane!!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, they are stunning, Diane!! I love the papers you used!! They remind me of fine china!! The embossing and ribbon on the first is fabulous!! And the sentiment stamp on the second matches the paper perfectly!! Aren't they fun to make??!! They are addicting!! They appeal to my love of layers, look awesome and can be mailed easily!! You rocked them my friend!! Thanks so much for the shout-out!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

Love those blues!! And what a pretty die that is with the bow .. beautiful cards Diane

Leslie Miller said...

I just love these sunburst cards! These remind me of quilts, especially with the papers you chose -- like calico fabric. I like Brilliant Blue. It's a good true blue and it sure is a perfect match for your papers. The one SU! blue I never use is Ballet Blue. Do they even still make it? I don't know why, but I just never took a shine to it. By the way, I want THAT bow die, too!