Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fancy Fold Flower Flip Card

It seems August has flown past us in a hurry.....
kids are getting back to school.....

and it's almost Sept.....

wow...life seems to move by so quickly!!




Which brings us to another new challenge at  "The Sisterhood of Crafters"
This week our hostess is "TERRI" and she has asked us to do a "Fancy Fold" card.

I bought a Sizzix flower flip card die on clearance at Hobbylobby about a year ago
If you know me, you would know that whenever I purchase a new die, 
I immediately cut it to see how it performs...
(which leaves me with a ton of die cuts for later)
I was a bit disappointed when I cut this die as it cut clean through on the score lines...
but I remembered Sizzix had suggested when that happens to flip your die over
and cut with it facing down (that takes some of the pressure off the die)
I did that and it cut perfectly!!


I used some SU paper I had in my stash, but I also cut it in white card stock and lined
my card's back side for more stability..
I LOVE this color combo of the deep blue and the coral!!


I think I kind of "cheated" on this challenge LOL, as I used a die....
but the challenge gave me a chance to use something I have had for awhile at least!!

Head on over to "The Sisterhood" blog and see what the other "Sistah's" have for you!!
I hope you will join in with us this week, we would love to see your "fancy fold" cards!! 

Entering the following challenges:
Clear It Out ....Anything Goes from stash (old paper & Die) and
favorite color combo (Blue and Coral)
and
Through The Craft Room Door .... Anything Goes
and 
Try It On Tuesdays ... Use Your Stash (Old SU Paper and Die I have forever)

8 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Such a lovely card again Diane ... I can't keep up with all your dies ... you must have tons of them but your cards are always unique! I'm feeling really cold ... Autumn is here and the wind is cold! Have a good day!

Darlene said...

WOW this is awesome Diane! Love your choice of design paper and that ribbon/bow are the perfect addition! I need your help using these dies ... maybe I'll bring mine along when I come up in Oct. 'Be prepared to see dumbness, lol'

Leslie Miller said...

That's one of the cutest flip cards ever, for sure! I do love the colors, and the flower cut out with your added flower layer is awesome!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the fancy fold!! The papers are so pretty!! I didn't know the flipping the die trick...I will have to remember that. Many times, my problem is that I can't find the score lines. I just bought a crease pad so I'm hoping that helps. Gorgeous card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Amy A said...

Gorgeous Diane! I love the flip-fold and DP is just perfect for the flower and ribbon/bow. Love it all! :o)

hugs,
Amy-Guest Step sistah
{Lil Cutie Creations}

Nikki Acton said...

Definitely a fancy fold! So very well done. Thanks for sharing at TIOT. Nikki

Terri's Cards N More said...

Beautiful creation. I love the color combo of blue and coral. The layout is perfect.

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card, wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka