Saturday, January 10, 2015

Quilt Scraps

This is my post going live today at
Pop on over and check out our challenge we have going on,
you can find it HERE!

Hello Classy Friends!
If you are like me you probably have lots of "scrap" pieces of paper
laying around from previous projects and are thinking of ways to use them!

I have been very Pinterest inspired lately and saw the details for this card
there.  I had created one of these several years ago and it appealed to me
so much, I decided to re-create another one.  Plus the fact it is a wonderful
way to use up some of those scraps!!.


I have heard this design called Faux Pinwheel and Quilt Card.
I guess either name would work, your choice!

First, I embossed a piece of creamy card stock using Craft Too Mini Fans embossing folder.
Then using a 1 1/4" square punch,
I punched eight squares using some of my left over scraps pieces from

Each square was adhered to the other using Scor-Tape 1/4"
and then the entire piece was popped up using JOY! Foam Pads Small.
I added a brad to the center of the piece,
and a sentiment from a Flourishes set I had on hand.

I encourage you to give this card a try and use up some of those scrap pieces
YOU have on hand.  I hope you get Pinterest inspired and visit the
Classy Cards 'n Such Pinterest board.  We have lots of beautiful ideas for you there!

Entering In The Following challenges:
DL.Art January Monthly linky party .... Anything Goes
and
Hiding In My Craft Room .... Super Scraps Saturday (use scraps)
and
Polkadoodles .... Tic Tac Toe (left column down)

10 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW this is awesome and what a clever way to use up scraps! Great job my friend ... your work is so inspirational!

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card, Diane!! I love the pinwheel/quilt design!! And the background embossing just sets it off perfectly!! This is fabulous my friend!! I hope you aren't buried under too much snow. We have some nasty weather headed our way this afternoon. Oh joy. Happy Sunday!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

brenda said...

A very quick visit Diane, we've had no internet the last few days and sounds like it's going to be off again for server maintenance but just wanted to check on your latest makes and say hello.

B x

Bev said...

lovely card and a great way of using up all those leftover scraps. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our 'Tic, Tac, Toe challenge over at Polkadoodles http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/week-1-tic-tac-toe-polkadoodles.html

Ros Crawford said...

That's so clever and a lovely effect ... I do hope you are staying warm and that Spring will not be too far away my friend

Leslie Miller said...

Ha! I was looking at this and thinking it's almost like a flat pinwheel, and then I read what you wrote. It's so cute! Two great ideas mixed together -- the pinwheel and the quilt. I love it!

Melanie Joyce said...

What a clever idea! Thanks so much for joining in with us over at the Polka Doodles challenge blog http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/week-1-tic-tac-toe-polkadoodles.html. Mel x

Ode to Paper said...

Beautiful card! I love the crispness of the colors and the embossing. Thanks for joining the Tic Tac Toe Challenge at Polkadoodles! Good Luck :)

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

Great Quilted Card ! Very pretty, Thanks for joining in on the fun at Polka Doodles. Hugs Ashley

DIANA L. said...

Very elegant love the pinwheel and the embossing