Saturday, August 15, 2015

Good Things

This is my post on the
Dies R UR Us challenge blog today!

Can you believe we are half way through August?
Yikes, where has our summer gone..who took it...
I want it back!!

I think maybe being on these design teams
 makes me even more aware of how fast time goes by,
which brings me to this card for the new challenge
at Dies R Us which is "The Great Outdoors".

My hubby and I used to fish on a private lake he once owned
waaaaaay up north as we like to say..lol.
So my idea of the great outdoors is all about fishing!


I used a cute digital from Stitchy Bears to build my
outdoor scene....and nothing says outdoors like trees
and lots of them!

The Birch tree is a Cheery Lynn Designs die called
(I didn't use the critters...)

The pine trees are Impression Obsession Fir Trees.
come in all 3 sizes shown.

I added a little red cardinal from the
 Impression Obsession Birch Trees set.
Can you guess what I cut him from?
A bit of the red velvet wreath ribbon you see at Christmas,
I think it really makes him "pop".

I finished off with a sentiment also from Stitchy Bears
that I printed in Microsoft Word, then used
Impression Obsession Clouds to cut it out!

I encourage you to join in the challenge with us,
there is a great prize to be won!

Don't forget to visit our beautiful inspiration at the
Dies R Us blog!

Entering the following challenges:
Deep Ocean #110 .... Maritime
Crafting With Friends .... ATG




7 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is so cute! I love the design here Diane..

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the scene you created and especially like the trees you used for wonderful dimension.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Darlene said...

Too Too Cute! Love the scene you've created here! What a fabulous use of die cuts!!

Leslie Miller said...

Too dang cute, Diane! Boy, wouldn't Wally and LuLu love a private lake! We're taking them up the river today. I see lots more swimming in their future.

Furrbster said...

What a fun image and lovely layering too!!

Hugz Tinz

Judy McKay said...

Cute scene you have created. Nice card. Fun cards with great colors.

Gail said...

Such a sweet card TFS