Saturday, October 3, 2015

Close To You

This is my card on the
Don't forget to enter our weekly challenge.
Hurry and enter HERE, as it ends at midnight tonight!

Hi there, Diane with you today!
I took a slight break from my Fall creating and
made a somewhat fun and shabby chic card today.

I created my entire card around the sentiment
which I had been wanting to use for quite some time!


I started with an embossed background using
an Anna Griffin Cherry Blossom embossing folder.

I cut out Spellbinders Heart Circles,
then stamped Impression Obsession Why Do Birds
sentiment on the top section of the die cut.

For a bit of fun I added two feathers from my supplies,
then cut Memory Box Meadowbird Branch.
A few Sage Green Pearls were tucked in here and there.

For a pop of color I used a bird house from  Memory Box Birdhouse Village die.
This is a great die as you receive  a die for 4 different birdhouses,
roofs, and a choice of a chain or stands for them....
pretty clever and a good buy!

I added the chain to my birdhouse and adhered the bow on
the top of that!

Thanks for visiting with me today!
Entering the following challenges:
All Sorts .... Nature
Susy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge ... Embossing
Wags 'n Whiskers .... Use a Die Cut

5 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

The Carpenters!! I remember that song! Lovely card Diane! Have a great weekend!

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, isn't that the cutest, prettiest thing! It looks so sweet with the feathers and branches. I must remember my feathers. I've probably mentioned a time or two that I have just way too much stuff. Jelly of you and Darlene this weekend, by the way, but I hope you're having an awesome time!

Wendy L said...

This is so lovely, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

brenda said...

A lovely creation for our Nature theme, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.

B x

Lisa said...

Gorgeous!! I love how you highlighted the pretty sentiment!! The feathers and touches you added are perfect!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts