Friday, May 20, 2016

Floral Cake

The girls at The Cutting Cafe are all 'making cakes'...
YUM!!
I bet that has your attention..lol!!

But really, we are making cakes, but the paper kind....
a lot less calories that way!


Regina has created the cutest cut file '3 Tier Cake'.
It comes with cut files for a small, medium, and large cake.
You can choose to do all 3, or just one cake as I did.
I used the large size for my cake.
I had intended to do the 3 tier, but I didn't have 3 12 x 12 papers
that were alike. (Note to self..buy more alike papers)!!

It also has bottoms of the cake to set your cake on.
I used a pretty scallop edge, then a Cheery Lynn Designs
French Doily die to set my cake on...love it!!


I decorated the edge of the cake with a ruffled ribbon and
Roses on top.
There are candles and numbers you can add to the top if you wish.
I didn't as I am not certain who will get my cake,
I can always add either candles or numbers later,

So pop on over to The Cutting Cafe blog and look at all those
yummy cakes..guaranteed not to add pounds!!

(PS:  Sign up for my give away in the post above...just follow the easy rules)!

7 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG this is so adorable! Who wouldn't love receiving this birthday cake? (and low calorie too!!) I just can't stop looking at all the lovely details ... from the doily on the bottom to the precious 'paper icing' flowers on the top! WELL DONE girlfriend! ADORABLE!!!

Ros Crawford said...

How cute!! It sure looks delicious! Wish you were nearer... I've tons of papers you could use!

Regina Easter said...

this is sooooo adorable and i am glad you did only one layer...this came out super adorable....love the roses on the top....totally awesome my friend

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! So cute, Diane! It looks like a real yummy cake! Great decoration! XO

Leslie Miller said...

That's so unbearably sweet, Diane! And if that's the French Pastry Doily then it must be not only sweet, but petite, as well. I just LOVE this! A box? It would be perfect for a little brooch or something. So darling!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, how did I miss this?? Wow, Diane, this definitely looks good enough to eat!! I love the design and how you decorated it!! The flowers are stunning!! What a gorgeous cake this is!! I absolutely love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anne Temple said...

This is adorable. You make me wish I had kept my Cricut. :-)