Thursday, May 5, 2016

LOVE Word Book

I have a fabulous project I created for our
The Cutting Cafe Design Team projects
which is making a 'WORD' book.


We had a choice of any word book cut file we wanted.
I chose the word LOVE and made my book about my
beloved Nellie dog that passed away on Feb 12th.
I am still struggling with the pain of losing her
as she was my heart and soul and I loved her so much!

My book is no where complete, but I will be adding to it
over the next few weeks and will show you my progress
as I get it done.

I have a nice collection of 'dog' papers and just love how it turned out!
I first cut all the pages from a lightweight cardboard,
then cut fronts and backs from the papers.
The single letters are included in the file, so I cut those from
contrasting papers.
It was a very easy and somewhat quick cut file as I used my
Cricut Explore to do all the cutting for me.

I added snippets and bits and pieces of ribbons I save
just for these types of projects to the rings.


I printed a picture of Nellie and added it to the front in a small frame.


I found a cute little I love you sticker, 
and a few other 'doggie' pieces I have added so far.


Make sure and visit The Cutting Cafe Blog on May 7th to see
all the other projects my teamies have created...so fun to see them all in one place!

Loving Memories:
Nellie Belle August 8 2005-Feb 12 2016








Entering the following challenges:
Crafting With Attitude .... ATG

7 comments:

Regina Easter said...

first off so sorry about your doggie......what a cutie and that picture of you two is so precious....secondly this is one amazing book my friend...it is precious, its amazing....love it love it love it....it will be a treasure when all filled in...hugs

bumblebee creations said...

Awe....such cute pictures, and they sure do leave us with some wonderful memories, don't they??!!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Diane! I can visualize Nellie's colorful love for you from the fun shapes and colors in your fantastic project! Such sweetness our fur children bring to our lives. She would approve of this booklet wholeheartedly! Hugs, de

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Diane, my heart breaks for you all over again. I can't help but think of my little LuLu when I look at Nellie. I know Nellie was so sweet and special and she occupied a huge space in your heart. She was so adorable! Your book is such a loving tribute, and a real work of art. So many cute dog papers! Take care, my friend, and enjoy your Mother's Day weekend.

Debbie said...

Diane, the book is a great idea! Awww...your precious Nellie will always be in your mind and in your heart. Like us, Storm was so precious to us for 14 years, and we still talk about her all the time. The heart heals, but the memories are forever.

Love to you,
Debbie

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful! I am so sorry about Nellie. It's never easy to lose these members of our family and amazing that we keep signing up for it but they give so much in the short time we have them don't they? Sending love and peace to you....enjoy the memories as you finish this wonderful tribute. ((Hugs))

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my heart hurts seeing this ... It's a wonderful tribute to your gorgeous Nellie and to you as her "mom".... My thoughts are with you ... She was so beautiful! I can feel every ounce of love looking at that little book.xxx